It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Sept 19, 2016]

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? [Sept 19, 2016]

Monday, September 19, 2016

I really didn't mean to disappear for a week. I'm still getting used to my new schedule. And I've been spending a lot of time crafting. God, I'm so autumnal. I hadn't weaved before or embroidered, but I just started and WOW I love these crafts. What soothing ways to spend time while listening to audiobooks/watching reality television. And weaving's an amazing way to use up cheap, scratchy yarn you were trying to get rid of.



ALSO, I just got into the Litsy Android beta!! If you don't know, Litsy is a great app like Instagram and Goodreads combined. It's a huge amount of fun and the community's great. If you have an iPhone, you can get in on it right this moment. If you have an Android, you'll have to wait a bit longer, but it's coming soon! You can follow me at @OutlandishLit to see casual reading updates in real time (mostly).

Shout out to Jenna of JMill Wanders for visiting me this weekend and cheering me up, despite doing no amount of reading. You're a doll!! Book blogger friends are the best.



THIS WEEK I READ:
  • Children of the New World by Alexander Weinstein (review this week)


CURRENTLY READING: 

I've been really digging The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson on audiobook. Who would've thought I'd be so riveted by the politics and economics of a fantasy world?? This is such a brilliant book with so many interesting things going on in it. I'm so delighted to be listening to it, that I'm only playing the audio like 25% faster than it's read. Normally I'd double that shit.







I'm trying to devote time to this short story collection, Intimations, because I love Alexandra Kleeman so much. At the moment, though, I haven't hit a short story that I've really liked. So it's slow going. But I want to finish it this week! I'm really not that far into it, so here's hoping it gets better.


What are you reading this week?

 

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...